[KS] [Conan et d'autres plus tard] Beyond the Monolith

757 réponses, 163428 vues

Monolith communique suite à l'annonce de la première faction du futur KS, en effet ça a secoué pas mal de monde de voir le contenu de la faction, la critique étant que la box est pleine de figurines qu'on a déjà. Donc voici la réponse FB posté il y a 40 minutes.

Citation :Greetings all,
There are a lot of comments swirling around about the faction reveal, so I figured I’d provide some further clarification.
This upcoming Kickstarter campaign (January 6th) will offer content for 3 different game modes: Versus (new), Adventure Mode (the original) and Solo/Co-op (featured briefly in the Monolith Sourcebook).
I’m hearing some comments about Monolith “ripping off” original backers and expressions of general disappointment. I’m not sure I understand this reaction, but perhaps that’s because, as an employee of the company, I have more information about the upcoming campaign. Let me share some of that info with you now.
First, we ARE offering new Adventure Mode content. It will come in the form of a book and a special box where all the new sculpts will be made available to those who just want NEW items (though there will be a few classic minis in there to increase options for solo/co-op mode). These new sculpts, as well as only core/retail box material, will be used in the brand new Adventure Mode and solo/co-op scenarios featured in that book. We want to make things accessible for ALL fans. Many found this game later than the 2015 KS and don’t have all the materials as those who went all-in.
Secondly, some folks have expressed outrage that we’re recycling sculpts. Fair enough if you feel that way, but let me explain why we took that route. Versus Mode was designed years after Adventure Mode. We could not have predicted what it would entail--how many minis it would require, the fact that the tiles would need to be bigger for additional iconography. As designers, we learn new things every time we create a game and new ideas come to us, so change is bound to occur. But this isn’t even a second edition--it’s a new game mode. In short, for this mode, you need more than what you may already own to play it, including more minis (even those of the same sculpt in some cases--more pirates, apes, demons, etc).
If we decided to commission all new sculpts for these units, the price would be MASSIVE because we want to provide multiple options for each faction (meaning lots of choices of units to field). Instead, by recycling the old sculpts, we only need to charge approximatley 5$ per box for miniatures you may already own. I understand that, for some, this is still asking too much, but if we don’t take this route, we must provide a box that is partially empty (where the old but necessary minis have been removed or without trays for those necessary minis). This would mean you’d have to dig through several old boxes every time you wanted to put a faction together.The box has to be the same dimensions either way because it has to house the new game boards included with each faction.
So...we decided the best bet was to make one box, for an excellent price that would offer a complete faction. The biggest part of the price of these boxes IS the new sculpts, which require new and expensive molds. The re-printed minis are a tiny portion of that price.
Once we reveal the other factions, you will see other “recycled minis” many of which come from specific add-ons (the Dragon, the Black Ones, Guest Boxes etc). Admittedly, it is our all-in backer who will receive the most reprints, and if they truly feel ‘ripped off’ by these new offerings, I’m not sure how else we can pitch the VS mode portion of this project, but we want to honest with you, up front, about our approach. Perhaps the Adventure Mode box (featuring the new miniatures) and scenario book are more appetizing to you (consider it a like a maxi-expansion for the original game). In any case, we appreciate your support over the years and in encouraging us to create the best games we can.

-Matt

Si jamais un membre de l'équipe Monolith ou fred hanry himself ne veut pas que je reporte cela ici, je supprimerai sans soucis. J'avoue ne pas avoir demandé l'autorisation avant mais comme tout le monde ne va pas sur FB, c'est bien que tout le monde puisse suivre l'actualité.

Coyote
(Modification du message : 12-12-2019, 12:35 par coyote.)

Messages dans ce sujet
RE: Beyond the Monolith - par ALGHEROTH - 07-10-2019, 20:04
RE: Beyond the Monolith - par coyote - 07-10-2019, 20:09
RE: Beyond the Monolith - par Morglar - 07-10-2019, 20:33
RE: Beyond the Monolith - par Skarlix - 07-10-2019, 20:38
RE: [KS] [Conan et d'autres plus tard] Beyond the Monolith - par coyote - 12-12-2019, 12:29

Sujets apparemment similaires...
Sujet Auteur Réponses Affichages Dernier message
  Conan (by Monolith) coyote 147 33,795 17-01-2024, 15:16
Dernier message: la queue en airain
  Monolith (Conan, Batman, Mythic Battle...) Cyrus33 4 764 17-11-2023, 00:14
Dernier message: Morglar